Saturday, December 18, 2021

Sunshines and Lines

Well, HELLO Sunshine! Aren't these just happiness to you? I was impressed with the student art work, so I snagged a few photos from the lower school art room at Maclay with Cathy Hicks. She had the students discuss many of the Elements of Art / Principles of Design in this unit.

She started with placement and composition of the sun. Using color and lines to further enhance each art piece. The watercolor resist added a nice deep touch to them. I am not sure which one is my favorite as they all have such spunky personalities. It has been a crazy-busy few weeks at school, but I wanted to share these for those of you that are planning your spring / second semester units that this lesson would be a good one to consider.

Hope you all have a restful weekend! 1969











 

No comments:

Post a Comment