Saturday, January 23, 2021

Ben Heine Art With My Middle School Class (Would make a great lesson for Distance Learning)


 Have you ever looked at Ben Heine's Art? We did a mini unit on Mr. Heine. Check out our examples. If you aren't familiar with his work, take a looksy here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQfJOnVWdF8&feature=emb_imp_woyt 

What Ben said about the above link:

Here are some artworks from my Pencil Vs Camera series. In this video, you will see the images with the original scene followed by the final images including creative drawings. I took the photos and made the drawings for all the images. All the original drawings from this series are available for sale (those that are not yet sold). Contact me if you are interested: info@benheine.com My Pencil Vs Camera concept combines photography and drawing. The inclusion of a drawing on part of the photo opens the doors to an imaginary and poetic world. I launched this concept in April 2010. All of the creations required almost 5000 hours of work spread over 10 years. These artworks have been exhibited and published widely around the world. This concept is now taught in many schools with which I actively collaborate. Teachers have adopted it to teach their students to stimulate their creativity and encourage them to use new technologies. Other artists have also copied this technique since its invention.

See some of our pieces below:













  Other links for the lesson:

https://benheine.com/

Ben Heine – Pencil Vs Camera 

Ben Heine Facebook

Discover the Art of Ben Heine: Drawing, Painting, Photography, Music, Teaching, Pencil Vs Camera... 
 

Currently, I am teaching a hybrid model. CVC Concurrent Virtual and Brick and Mortar. This lesson was successful for all involved. My Distance Learning students just emailed me a couple of examples of their finished pieces.

Hope this helps you all better plan during these trying times of Covid 19 Protocols.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment