Friday, May 1, 2020

Distance Learning - Choice Board Templates from Maclay School (Elementary and Middle School Visual Arts)

How did we get a handle on Distance Learning and how to teach art, you ask? Well, we looked to our Online Art Teacher Friends. Yes, they are in our #PLN. (Personal Learning Network) I need for each of you reading this to know that art teachers are unbelievably gracious at sharing and lending a helping hand. These groups online have been pivotal in me making a fluid transition from on campus art to online art. I can't name everyone who I have "borrowed" lessons from throughout this process so I just wanted to do a blanket statement here. YOU ALL ARE THE BOMBDIGGITY!!!! 

The person that started this group on Facebook, you my friend are a genius! So glad I found you all. Thankful for the join.


Below you will find our examples for the past 7 weeks. Feel free to use. If we have used your information and you would like credit please comment below and we will edit this post and add your information to it. With that said, I feel so much better about sharing all of these here! Grateful for each and everyone one of you, FOR-REALZ!












Below is my Covid-19 Art Teacher HERO! Pammy Sue, I saw your Choice Board right as we were doing the shift to Distance Learning. I immediately screenshot and sent to Cathy! You have no idea how much time you saved us in trying to wrap our head around this process. Bless you!!!


You are amazing at sharing. We wanted to make sure that you were recognized for this board to. It saved us so much time.













Thanks for stopping by...drop back in on us and we will be posting for the remainder of this school year too!





12 comments:

  1. What grade level would you recommend these boards for? I teach K-12th.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any grade level - just adjust to your student culture and climate. I have even used them for Art Club / Sketchbook Club

      Delete
  2. I love what you've done and am willing to share some of my assignments. You stated that you would share, but these photos don't give access to the links & are not editable. Is it possible to email me and let me know if they are still sharable? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Is there any change you would be willing to share the originals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also looking for a template if you both would be willing to share. I started making one but your look so amazing!

      Delete
    2. Hey! I put our templates on Online Art Teachers K-12 on Facebook. They took them and moved them to a Google Drive. I am not proficient on Google Docs, so there is that but I did create mine using Publisher. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Awesome ideas! I am searching the files on Online Art Teachers k-12, but can't find them. Is there a certain posters name I can search? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they moved them to a Google Drive. On FB go to Oat and then look in Files or do a search in the search bar. Hope this helps

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. TY, it takes a village. I hope these make your lesson planning easier. I am grateful for all who shared with us, so we would be able to tweak and share with others! Good Luck.

      Delete
  6. What did you use to make your template? Google Docs? Google Slides? Google Sites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a power point template. We also used a Publisher template. We saw one on Pinterest and had to figure out how to recreate something like it. Pretty simple. Sorry It took several days for me to respond. They are updating my art room and as of Monday I had no cabinets, Ha! Been a crazy 2 weeks for me. Good Luck.

      Delete