Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Jim Dine's Ordinary Object Makes an Extraordinary Project!


My 6th Graders did an excellent job with this charcoal Jim Dine project.  I thought they turned out quite nicely.  For many, that was the first time that they had used charcoal.  Not bad, I tell ya.

Directions:

I showed the kids this awesome video.  I mean I LOVE IT!  Great Jim Dine Video

The kids picked 3 different tools.
We talked about shadows and where light hits the tools.
They lightly sketched with charcoal pencils.
They practiced using a kneaded eraser to pull excess charcoal off the paper.
Also, I would not let them trace to tools.  I was very strict about this, but I did let them compare in close range.

That's it!

L👀K!









A hammer is a tool.  One of the kids drew one.  The HAMMER below, not a tool.  MC Hammer is still doing his thing.  He has a blog, too!  Check it out!  Click HERE for MC Hammer Blog!  Now check his classic video out from 1990!



1965

No comments:

Post a Comment