Monday, December 2, 2019

Mo Willems' Pigeon Clay Ornament and Woodstock (not Charles M. Schulz's Yellow Bird)


What 1st Grader does not know and love💙 Mo Willems' Pigeon?

We have posted on Mo Willems before!  Click HERE!

How did this go down?

Directions:

Well, I showed the kids a read aloud of Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus🚌!  You can pick your own or use this one like I did.



The kids shaped little balls of clay.
The rolled out little snakes.
The squished a beak.
They TRIED to slip and score to a small rectangular slab that I rolled out, but teacher fren had to help a little.

We fired.

They painted🎨.

I sprayed with clear coat.

Then, they put on pipe cleaners and beads.

I sent those cute little pigeons home.

L👀K!






Every project is doable with a little help from a fren, or an art teacher fren.  Check out this video of Joe Cocker singing at Woodstock Music Festival in 1969 in Bethel, NY.  I missed the festival because I was only 4 years old and my parents were too busy raising me and 1969.  Man, I can still dream though!



One more thing.  When I saw this video, there was a comment that said "If I had a time machine, Woodstock is my first trip."  

ME TOO!!!!!

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment