Wednesday, September 11, 2019

There's No Lying, Kids Love Jim Dine and Pinocchio!


How did this all go down?  Well, I showed this clip from Pinocchio and the kids were hooked!



Then, I gave a little scoop on Jim Dine!

Fifth Grade๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ง really liked๐Ÿ˜„ this art activity.  We had a great time drawing noses๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ‘ƒ or trying to draw noses.  

Directions:
Show Pinocchio's Lie clip
Then, show parts of this Jim Dine's Pinocchio Art clip:



I gave the kids๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ง a picture of Pinocchio.

Also, I played this video, if they felt like they needed to draw✎ along.  We took it slow because lots needed guidance!



We used pencil๐Ÿ–‰ to draw.
Then, the kids began filling in the face with chalk.
Then, they worked outward.
I told them to use black last.
I warned them about the smear effect.

I love๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’“!

L๐Ÿ‘€K:









Did Pinocchio have lying eyes?  Here's the Eagles singing "Lying Eyes".



1965

No comments:

Post a Comment