Monday, October 22, 2018

Mo Willems-Children's Literature and Art Activity


Kids and the Soul Sisters ❤Mo Willems!  Get this!  I was in the middle of teaching my first graders about Mo Willems.  I go to a University of Georgia football game.  I see a guy sitting right in front of me with a Mo Willems pigeon on his leg.  Check this out!  Oh yeah, I did some photos of the dude's cool leg!
What did I do?  I looked at my phone to see what Mo Willems looked like.  I wanted to compare this guy with Mo.  Finally, my daughter and I decide that we should ask him about the tattoo on his leg.  So, that's just what I did.  I said, "I'm an art teacher and my students are drawing the Mo Willems' pigeon that is tattooed on your leg.  I was wondering why you have that pigeon tattoo on your leg?"  The guy said, "Well, my daughter loves Mo Willems and I decided to get a tattoo on my leg just for her."  Cool story, huh?

The 2 Soul Sisters just love Mo Willems.  We have posted on Mo's pigeons in the past.  (Previous Mo Willems Post, Click HERE)  How did this lesson go down?

Directions:

Read the book!

Then, I asked the kids what they wanted their Mo Willems' pigeon to say.  I gave them a sticky note and they wrote down what they wanted their pigeon to say.  I helped them with spelling.  Once we got the pigeon's speaking words, the kids came up with a drawing.  They drew.  They painted.  They had lots of fun!  

Have a LšŸ‘€K!








šŸ’›1965

No comments:

Post a Comment