Tuesday, September 11, 2018

STIK and Inkfetish and 3rd Grade Ice Cream


How did this art project come to be?
Well, I went to London.  I went on a Street Art 🎨Tour.  Click HERE for Street Art Post!

When I returned, of course I wanted to share with my students.  As I looked up ideas for street artist art, I found this picture of Stik and Inkfetish.

Well, the eyes on the ice cream 🍦totally freaked the third graders out!  They decided NO EYES👀!

So, here we go!
We went outside and rubbed a gray crayon 🖍on the wall.


Then, they drew and painted ice cream 🍦 on the paper that they had rubbed with gray crayon!









For other Street Art posts, click HERE!

Ice Cream reminds me of Tastee Freez. Click HERE for Tastee Freez Locations!
When I think of Tastee Freez, I think about John Mellencamp's song "Jack and Diane".
Why?
The lyrics, of course.
A little ditty 'bout Jack & Diane
Two American kids growing up in the heart land
Jack he's gonna be a football star
Diane debutante in the back seat of Jacky's car
Suckin' on chilli dog outside the Tastee Freez

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment