Monday, February 19, 2018

Crazy 3D Fish / Creatures

This is a great lesson for reviewing skills for cutting. Yes, cutting. The longer I teach the more I realize that students struggle with this fine motor skill - some even in middle school. Thanks Claudia Loubier for having this lesson for me to introduce to my students. We were in between lessons and I had some finished and some not finished students, so I thought this would be a fun lesson to introduce.
Each student created a different creature. I think they all turned out great and the kids had fun making them. Check out the photos and the links. 
Why is it important to teach kids to use scissors?



Materials :
- White cardboard (8.5 x 11 inches)
*Tag board or construction paper will work
- Pencil
- Eraser
- Black pencil crayon or permanent marker
- Glue
- Scissors
- Colored markers
Claudia Loubier:  3D creatures will charm your students, while giving them a challenge!
With some simple folding, cutting and colouring, your students will create a 3D lizard. This document contains lots of different designs to vary the eyes, feet, tail, etc…
Here is another link for these 3D fish:












No comments:

Post a Comment