Friday, February 23, 2018

5th Grade - Sunprints

Mrs. Byrd in 5th grade ventured out and had her students try their hands at this lesson....Sunprints. I thought it was pretty cool. I went back to take pictures. Have you ever done this with your classes? I have but it has been years. It was an introduction to a photography unit I did when I was teaching middle school in Atlanta. I had a full blown dark room and this was a great introductory lesson on positive and negative shapes. I love walking down the hallways of Maclay. We have so many art integrated lessons on campus and I love to do shout outs to them!
How do you use this:
Make photographic type prints using just sun and water. Sunprint paper goes through a unique chemical change when exposed to light. Try this fun experiment and watch an image emerge before your very eyes!









Everybody loves a little sunshine and light in art or while you are outside hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment