Friday, August 18, 2017

Upcycling an Old Chair

 Ok.  Here is a story for you about the cute splatter paint chair.  

One morning before dawn, I was walking with my friend, Traci.  I see this awesome chair sitting by the road.  I told Traci that I wanted the chair.  She was like, "Are you for real?"  I told her that I could paint it and put it in the classroom.  
So, Traci and I grab an arm and drag the chair about 1/4 mile to my house and leave it in the driveway.  The chair was old and made out of good wood.  Our old arms were hurting by the time we got the chair to my house.
When I was leaving to go to school, I stopped to grab the chair.  I noticed it had a split leg.  The chair was cattywampus.  Oh well, I put it in my car and headed out.
Once I got to school, I decided to put it in my art teacher friend's room.  I thought maybe she might have some thoughts on my find.  She did not. 😒  For a few days, the chair sat in her room.  People were interested in the chair.  I decided to write with a sharpie on the chair.  I wrote things on the chair:
1-Boodie Here ↓
2-Chair Popping a Wheelie where the chair was hiked up with the broken leg
and other things.
So.
School ended.  I took the chair home.  
It sat.
Then one day, I remember that my Mama Marion sawed the legs off one of her dining room table chairs so I could see the TV better in her bedroom.
So.
I got my nice husband to saw the legs off the chair.
Perfect.
I painted the chair with Kilz.
I painted the chair black.
I splattered the chair and put some polka dots on it.
Have a look-

 
 
The chair is perfect for my classroom.  It sits kind of low to the ground, but we all need to park it in a low rider sometime.

❤, 1965

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment