Monday, June 26, 2017

Rene Magritte and Flying Horses

Rene Magritte was an interesting artist for middle school students to study.  Magritte was a Belgian Surrealist artist and became well know for a number of witty and thought-provoking images.  We have posted on Rene Magritte previously, for posts, click Here.  

To introduce the kids to Magritte, I shared a brief history using this video.


Directions:
I told the kids that I wanted them to create a painting in the Rene Magritte style.
First, we painted the background clouds with acrylic.
Then, the kids came up with ideas for their Magritte project.
I printed off tons and tons of pictures for this project.
We had to consider lots with placement and photos.

I was very pleased with some projects, but others were a little too sporty.  Art teachers, you know what I am talking about?
Maggie used a picture of her jumping on her horse๐ŸŽ.  Notice how she turned her horse๐ŸŽ into a unicorn.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Sports...
Sports...
Seriously, this child is addicted to her cell phone.  
Guess what?  Sports...
Like sports?
And Sports...
Maybe we should do another SPORT?
Cheerleading is a fun sport.  This is Corey McCants.  He is being thrown by the cheerleaders.  Corey is a pretty cool guy.  Corey McCants Info, click here.  Corey was on Catering Wars.  He has mega-talent!
I like baseball.
Basketball and Football.
Soccer.
Basketball and Tennis.
In honor of Maggie's horse, I think "Flying Horses" by Dispatch is a perfect way to end this post.
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment