Friday, May 26, 2017

Getting Skulled with Georgia O'Keeffe

Fifth Grade ended the year with Georgia O'Keeffe cow skulls.  I borrowed some real cow skulls from my art teacher friend, Laura Harrison.  I placed the skulls on the table.  The kids were amazed with the skulls.  I never thought cow skulls would be such a bit hit.
Directions:
Show the kids a video about Georgia O'Keeffe. (Click here for video)
The kids draw cow skulls with pencil.
The kids use oil black oil pastel to outline the skull.
The kids painted with watered down tempera paint.

I love this project.  The kids loved this project.  Maybe you should give it a try?

At the end of the year, the kids are tired.  You gotta push it.  Keep the art going.  Here's Salt-N-Pepa showing you how to do it the best.

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment