Thursday, April 13, 2017

Keith, Andy, Kids, and Clay

Sixth Grade did this clay project using square slabs.  The project was a little "Andy Warhol" and a little "Keith Haring"  
Directions:
I had prepped by rolling out squares on the slab roller.
The kids grabbed a slab.
They divided the slab into 4 squares, like some of Warhol's work.  I told them to lightly divide with a clay tool.  Some totally cut off the squares off!  ðŸ˜’
After that fiasco, I told the kids to make the slabs with things that interested them.  I suggested making Keith Haring figures.  Some kids got really creative.  Unfortunately, my favorite one was grabbed up by his mom before I could get the photo.  Oh well.
I fired.
They painted with acrylic.
Have a look-
The last slab is very cool in person.  It is a little dark.  Jack White is a little dark, but I love his music.

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment