Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Renee's (You Are The BBQ Sauce)


When you have a best teacher friend that follows your blog and gets inspired to do some of the ideas in her own classroom....ahhhh that is quite a good feeling! This was one of those post that my friend, Renee, chose to use as a tool in her classroom too. I think her kiddos did a great job. They thought Kristina Kuzmic's video was on point! Crazy how something so simple can be that powerful.
My daughter had Renee as a 3rd grade teacher. She was just awesome. She had her pulse on many items in her classroom. The kids flourished in that environment. You see Renee is that teacher that is still teaching my daughter. They had a special connection and as we were applying to college and getting all of that jazz lined up...who was there to proof our college essay? Yes, Renee! (and, Jeff too)
2 weeks ago I wrote a post on this topic. I contacted Kristina via Facebook. She shared our post on her Facebook page. Do you know how many of you have visited that particular blog post? Guess... Well, as I am typing we are at 13,200! Yes, in a 2 week span. Can you believe that? Here is the link below:
http://2soulsisters.blogspot.com/2017/03/you-are-bbq-sauce.html 
I think with that much traffic coming our way on this blog that it must mean that their is a need to discuss topics like bullying, mean girls and character education. What do you think? Well, Renee does a great job on integrating art into all of her lessons. It is such a smooth transition that the kids don't have any idea they are learning. They think they are having fun. Now, if you can pull that off in the classroom in this day in time you have a true calling for teaching.
Have you ever watched Kristina Kuzmic's videos on YouTube? If not, check them out. They will make you giggle. she has the true gift of gab and I love to see it.

Have you ever watched this video? Oh my....love that these boys stood up for what was right!

This one I just had to share...It will make you laugh. As a 26 year veteran teacher, I laughed really hard at this video. Sarcasm at it's best! If you want to watch the original "You Are The BBQ Sauce" video see my post link above.

Thanks, Renee for sharing your kids art with me. I am sure the Kuzmic family would be impressed to  know just how many families lives they are touching and making a difference with just that catch phrase of "You Are The BBQ Sauce!" - Enjoy, 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment