Friday, December 23, 2016

Happy Christmas with Porkchop ART!

Everyone, Happy Christmas from my house to yours!

See the tree below?  Well this tree came to be because I could not get my family to cooperate and go get a real tree from the farmer's market.  So this morning, December 22, I said to my son, "We are going to Walmart to get a tree."

So here we go to Walmart at 8 AM.  We decided on a white tree with white lights.  We scooted out.  After we get home and get the tree set up, my daughter wakes up and is like, "NO!"

I knew that I had to come up with a plan.  I had wrapped all my presents in smiley face paper and I thoughts well, that is happy.
Then, I remembered that my daughter and husband had gone to meet an artist from Augusta, Georgia, that did happy art.
Here is a picture of the Happy artist, Leonard "Porkchop" Zimmerman with my daughter.  Click Here for previous post on Porkchop. We were doing a gift that included items from Augusta and Porkchop was kind enough to sign about 20 or so prints.  Porkchop met my family at the local coffee shop and signed in pencil, of course.



I illegally ran copies of Happy and shrunk 50 percent on the copy machine.  Then, I put red yarn on the art to make ornaments.  After that I used some painted paper to cut out "Happy Christmas".

My daughter came in and smiled.
My husband came in and laughed.

Oh my son and I were so happy that Porkchop's "Happy" had made our Christmas season so very Happy!






1965

No comments:

Post a Comment