Monday, November 21, 2016

Warm Pumpkins on A Cool Background

Thanksgiving Time!  The artwork below came to be because of a lesson plan error.  You see, I got a little mixed up with my classes.  The third grade arrived and we realized that I had put out the wrong assignment.  So what did we do?  We improvised with some cool colors.  Oh Boy....Oh Boy...I sometimes goof, but my kids just roll with my mistakes.  

Directions:

The kids painted with cool colors in the background.
The kids drew and painted a pumpkin.
Then, they painted the pumpkin with warm colors.
We got the hairdryer out to get the pumpkins dry.
Once we got the pumpkins dry, they cut them out and glued them to the background paper.

Have a look!

Kids are so awesome.  They have a clean slate.  The kids I teach have 6-14 years of life experience.  They say what they think.  They easily adapt.  They are not scared to take a risk.  I love kids because they are so true.

"True"  by Spandau Ballet in 1986

Just Be True
JBT

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment