Friday, November 18, 2016

Textured Clay Wall Hangings (Maclay Lower School Art with Cathy Hicks)







I thought these were so cool that I knew I had to share them on the blog. Cathy Hicks did a great job with her kiddos on this clay unit. See here for last year's lesson:

Cathy, lower school art teacher, worked with 4th grade on a cross curricular unit that involved the study of leaves for the state of Florida. The kids study the lesson in class. Went to art and were able to create the leaves in clay using white low fire clay and Stroke n Coat green glazes. Some students opted to use the slabs and create textured impressions. They turned out fabulous and I wanted to share with other art teachers. I sure am lucky to have such and awesome Visual Arts Team.

1969

No comments:

Post a Comment