Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Rob Ray and the Custom Guitar

Last October, my family gave me a red electric guitar for my 50th Birthday.  Also, they gave me guitar lessons.  It is a year later and YES, I am still taking lessons.  I practice almost every day.  I am almost done with Book 2.  So, you can give me a cookie.

I have made an observation over the years.  Once you get a guitar, you want another.  Yes, I did want another and I did want an acoustic guitar.  I mentioned the "want" to my kids.  On my birthday, my son came in the house with a Winshape Camp blanket wrapped around a something. Rob was grinning and said that I should open the blanket.   I opened the blanket and FOUND THIS AMAZING GUITAR.  Wow, this was special on so many levels.


You see, Rob, is a very good guitarist.  The guitar is where the creative blood flows out of Rob.  He never took an interest in drawing or painting.  Sure, he enjoyed doing art, but he just never got hooked.  

So, how did he do it?  Well, he got a guitar.  He got Sharpies.  He drew amazing designs on the guitar.  Seriously, I have never seen Rob put together designs and colors.  Without question, he has natural talent.  What a happy mom I was!  My boy made art for me.  He stepped out of his musical creative state into my visual creative state.  

I have been strumming at some Georgia Bulldog tailgates.  Our tailgates last 8 hours +.  I am just trying to work on those basic chords so maybe I can have a really good jam session with Rob during Thanksgiving break.  I think he enjoys seeing me progress in his guitar world. 


You may ask, how did Rob get interested in guitar?  Well, I signed him up for running, guitar, and tennis lessons.  The running and guitar stuck.  The tennis, not so much.  I did a post on Rob's running awhile ago.  Have a look HERE. The Arts are a great place for creative folks.  If you know someone that has that creative "thing", and yes, it is a thing, show them the way.  

Happiness is....Finding your Thing....

Do what you love and love what you do.

There are lots of guest appearances in this video.  Haha.
  


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment