Thursday, June 9, 2016

BeBo-Part Two

Hello, how some more Bebo?  I recently posted on 6th Grade Bebo Art. BEBO Post. Here's a look at my 8th graders' art.



With my 8th grade, I gave them more options to experiment with Bebo art.  I encouraged them to make the Bebo art their own. 

I gave a little background information on Bebo.  For Bebo art, click here.  Here's his bio.  

I am an outsider artist. I make my art out of sawmill lumber and other found materials. I sculpt the wood with my saw and sander into shapes of fish, snakes, gators and other critters, flowers, butterflies, etc. I make all sizes from a few inches to 15 feet long. I paint them using enamel paint so that the pieces can be hung outside if you want to. I also make angels and signs with inspirational messages on them. I paint them to remind me how to live. I am a musician and I love the blues, so I make “Bluesmen”, too. God has blessed me through my art.

It makes me smile and laugh making all my artwork. When people buy a piece of my art, the main thing they say to me is,  “it makes me happy, it makes me smile”. I try to give people a sense of hope. If I can do it you can too. I wake up in the morning and ask God to help me that day, and at night I thank him for helping me. He hasn’t let me down.  I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy life and live in peace.

I first started making art in 1993. Since that time I have met so many people and made so many friends. My art has blessed me and my hope is that my art can be a blessing to others.

I have sold art to people all over the world. Presently, my art is in galleries in Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, California, and Arizona.

Also, I spend time hanging out in Louisiana

Directions:
I gave the option of paper size.
Kids chose a Bebo to work from to adapt in a creative way of their choice.
Kids used acrylic.
Nice.










I think the kids put their twist on Bebo art and completed with a successful art project. 

Speaking of kids putting their spin on someone else's project, I found this cool video that some kid did using 8 mm film.  She made the film in high school for a class project in the 70s.  The song was "Brand New Key" by Melanie in 1970-1971.  Love it!


1965

No comments:

Post a Comment