Tuesday, June 7, 2016

BeBo- Part One

Ever heard of BEBO?
Well, 6th Graders at The Westfield School in Perry, Georgia, learned about Bebo Art this past spring.  Here's a sampling of his fun folk art.
 
 
 
Bebo is a folk artist from Kingston Springs, Tennessee. 
Here is his bio.

I am an outsider artist. I make my art out of sawmill lumber and other found materials. I sculpt the wood with my saw and sander into shapes of fish, snakes, gators and other critters, flowers, butterflies, etc. I make all sizes from a few inches to 15 feet long. I paint them using enamel paint so that the pieces can be hung outside if you want to. I also make angels and signs with inspirational messages on them. I paint them to remind me how to live. I am a musician and I love the blues, so I make “Bluesmen”, too. God has blessed me through my art.

It makes me smile and laugh making all my artwork. When people buy a piece of my art, the main thing they say to me is,  “it makes me happy, it makes me smile”. I try to give people a sense of hope. If I can do it you can too. I wake up in the morning and ask God to help me that day, and at night I thank him for helping me. He hasn’t let me down.  I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy life and live in peace.

I first started making art in 1993. Since that time I have met so many people and made so many friends. My art has blessed me and my hope is that my art can be a blessing to others.

I have sold art to people all over the world. Presently, my art is in galleries in Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, California, and Arizona.

Also, I spend time hanging out in Louisiana

For more information on Bebo, have a look at his work on his website at the following link Bebo's Page.
 
Directions:
 
I showed the kids some of Bebo's art.
They drew with pencil and painted with acrylic on 12 x 12 paper. 
I thought they did a really good job.
This was probably one of my favorite projects of the year.









 
What Funky Chickens they are!
 
Here's a funky song from a funky band.
The B-52s singing "Deadbeat Club"
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment