Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Express Yourself Kites

Third Grade drew and painted kites.  The project took 2 class periods.
 
Directions:
 
I told the kids that they were to design a kite.
I told them that I would like the kite to express something about themselves.
I provided the kids with various stencils.  Also, some chose to use rulers.
I intentionally kept the project open ended.
Have a look!
 
Nicholas-He loves details.  Once he starts, he cannot stop.  Nice job, though.




 
Kaleb did an abstract pizza kite.  I like the simplicity.
 
Brant is very talented.  He has a very steady hand and is detail oriented.  Also, he does a lot of woodworking at his home.  Yes, he used a ruler and measured precisely.
 
I love AK's pineapple.  Pineapples are just fun fruits, not boring like grapes.

 
Michael loves sports.  He included his ball number.
 
Alli loves M&Ms, hence her choice in kite décor.
 
JB is very meticulous for a third grader.  He actually struggled with his kite.  He had a major problem.  I said, "Yep, you got a problem, fix it."  JB was not totally happy with the way his kite turned out, but his teacher was very happy that he did some problem solving.  I was pleased with the results!
 
 Oh this kite cracks me up!  Hayden made a doughnut kite.  If you knew this funny kid, you would say, "This kite truly represents this kid's personality.  Love it!
 


Maybe you get a free hug today?
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment