Monday, April 4, 2016

First Grade Funky Birds and Birdhouses

First Graders did a great job on their funky bird and birdhouse artwork. The kids really enjoyed the activity.  Have a look!

 
Directions:
 
Kids lightly sketched a birdhouse and birds with a pencil.
The kids painted with tempera paint.
As they painted, the kids were all yelling, "I am losing my birds and birdhouses!"
I assured them that the following week that they would outline the birds and birdhouses and add details with oil pastels. 
 
They outlined the paintings with the oil pastels the following week and were so glad to find their birds and birdhouses again.
 
Fun and fairly open-ended activity for first grade.
I told them just to include birds and a birdhouse.
 
Finally, I had to ask why did the birdhouses need ladders.  One kid said, "Mrs. Ray, they need a ladder to go down and get their mail."
 
Be still my heart.
 







  

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment