Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Todd Parr-Children's Literature and Art Activity

Todd Parr is a children's author and illustrator. Todd was born July 9, 1962, in Rock Springs, Wyoming.  He was always interested in art, but he failed his high school art class and that was a real downer.  He stopped painting.  His grandmother told him, "You're a little lost now, but I know you'll find your way."  And Todd Parr did just that!


The Todd Parr art lesson went super!

I shared The Peace Book written by Todd Parr with my 1st Graders in art class. 

Here's the book!


 Here's Todd reading the book.  My kids really loved this!




The kids got so excited about the book, I challenged them to make a "Todd Parr Style" self-portrait.  I just love these fun faces.









Oh yeah, the kids thought it would be funny to draw and paint the teachers. 

We painted Mrs. Gray with beautiful pink hair.  The kids wanted Mrs. Parks to have a pink face and sunglasses!  Mrs. Park's' nickname is "Queen Parks."  The kids insisted we put "Queen" on the artwork.  Mrs. Parks taught me in 1972, when I was in 2nd Grade.  She was not a queen when she taught me.  I thought she was as pretty as a princess, though.



Funny the kids wanted to do the teachers in the "Todd Parr Style". First Grade students love their teachers.  Todd Parr loves teachers, too!  In the book being released on April 19, 2016, he is going to talk about how Teachers ROCK! 
I'm looking forward to learning about how teachers rock. 

The kids are The Westfield School in Perry, Georgia, think Todd Parr rocks!
Rock on with your bad self, Todd!

1965

No comments:

Post a Comment