Thursday, October 15, 2015

Not Fred Flintstone, Not Freddy Krueger, FRED BABB!

We have posted on Fred Babb a few times before on the blog.  Have a look at http://2soulsisters.blogspot.com/search/label/Fred%20Babb, if you like.
 
Interested in Fred Babb art?  You can go to this link at http://www.fredbabbart.com/
T-shirts, mugs, and prints for sale for all the Fred Babb art lovers!
 
 
Fred Babb (1947-2006)
 
I discussed Fred's work with my 6th grade students.  I think they really thought Fred's art was some coolness.  This was a fun and colorful project.
 
Directions:
 
I gave the kids lots of examples of Fred's work.
The kids "blocked off" their paper with a black oil pastel.
The kids penciled in Fred's art.
The kids painted with watered down tempera paint.
The kids outlined with sharpies and black paint.
 
Fun project that is now hanging on the ceiling in the middle school hallway to encourage our students every day..
 
Have a look! 
               
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"3 People Got Mad at Me Today" (above) just cracks me up.  I just love it.  I think you could change it up and say 3 People Got Happy with Me Today or 3 People Said Thank You to Me Today or 3 People Smiled at Me Today or 3 People Danced with Me Today
and on and on an on...
 
Here's Walk The Moon with "Shut Up and Dance"
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment