Kim & Karen 2 Soul Sisters

Kim & Karen 2 Soul Sisters

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Doing the Nae Nae with Pete the Cat

I did this project with 1st Grade.  It was a 2 week project.  Kids enjoyed this book and art project a lot.

Directions:
 
Show the movie below to your students.  Kids enjoyed standing up moving around on this 7 minute read aloud.  They enjoyed chanting along with the narrator.
 

 
Showed the movie below to help guide the students through drawing Pete. (I did not show the entire movie)  After I the movie, I drew Pete on the marker board.
 

 
The kids drew Pete with a pencil and outlined him with a sharpie.  I encouraged them to put some fun shoes on Pete.  Also, I told them to draw a line of horizon.  Some got this, some not so much.
 
Then, the kids painted the background.
The following week, they used crayons to color Pete and his shoes.
 


















 
The last thing we did was watch Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn video on YouTube.  I put the video on the big screen and they did a "kid friendly" Nae Nae.  Make sure you wait until the very end of class.  Painting Pete and doing the Nae Nae just does not work.
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment