Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ink Blot Mobiles

Ink Blots
 
At the end of last year, my middle school classes discovered ink blots.  I briefly explained the history behind the Hermann Rorschach ink blot tests.  Although the kids were skeptical of the tests, they enjoyed doing the ink blots.  Unfortunately, they left them in my classroom because they were so anxious to celebrate summer break. 
 
Presently, we are beginning our new school year and there is a need for cool décor on campus.  In a pinch, I grabbed these ink blots and made several mobiles to hang from the ceiling for open house. 
 
Basically, I mounted each ink blot on black paper.
Then, hot glued them together (back to back) and placed fishing line between the 2 ink blots.
 
 
Here is the finished product before hanging in the middle school commons area.
 
I looked for a good video to explain the Rorschach Test, but just did not find anything that particularly good.  I did found a silly online test. (very silly) Silly Online Rorschach Test

Also, the Rorschach Test is about personality.  Here's Lloyd Price singing the song "Personality" back in the 1950s.



1965 

No comments:

Post a Comment