Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tie Dye

All kids love to tie dye! So, this year I am at a new school and I had a student tell me they stalked my Instagram and wanted to know if we could do Tie Dye like I had done at my previous school. I said sure...so the process began!

I had the dye and supplies. Kids brought in things to tie dye. We wrapped our items in rubber bands and soaked in soda ash. Dyed at sink. Placed in bag for at least 2 hours. Took rubber bands off. Rinsed out until dye stopped bleeding. Hung to dry. Photographed for social media...LOVED the final pieces!
At the sink starting to dye!
 
Rubber Band Bin!
 
Soaking in Soda Ash
 
The Process...
 
Sink looks pretty cool =)
 
 Photographing art....
 
 Dish Towels
 
 Dish Towels
 
 Roxy shorts
 
 Soccer Tshirt
 
 Cotton Tshirt
 

 

 
Enjoy, 1969



No comments:

Post a Comment