Friday, May 8, 2015

When Pigasso Met Mootisse-Children's Literature and Art Activity

I wanted to do an art activity to go along with the book, When Pigasso Met Mootisse, by Nina Laden. 

Here is how the project turned out:

 
Directions:
 
Show the read aloud done by Eric Close on YouTube.
 

 
Next, have kids draw a rectangle on a piece of paper.  I  had pre-cut rectangles and had them place the rectangle on the paper.  I encouraged the kids to draw the rectangles in a cattywampus way.  I just wanted them to mix it up a little. 
 
 
Next, kids painted yellow around the rectangle.  Then, they sponged over the yellow with the famous Matisse shape sponges, made by me.  Matisse's construction paper was not as hard to cut as the sponges. (ugh)
 

The kids drew a pig in the rectangle.  Many chose to add their own personal touch.  Love it!

 
The kids painted the pig and background with watercolor.


 




  
💚1965


No comments:

Post a Comment