Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cheers to Doc Marten, Lace, Poolhouse_Band and a Cool 21st Bday Party

My Daughter, Callie, wanted to have a big party on her 21st birthday.
So.
The search for the perfect place to hold the party was sought out by my daughter.  She found the Transmetropolitan in Athens, GA.  The Transmet had an amazing party room upstairs.  
Lookie:


So.
What about food?  Transmet served up some delish pizza for these food deprived UGA college students.

Lookie:

So.
What about entertainment?  Callie's brother has a band.  They are all seniors in high school. The band, Poolhouse, agreed to come to be a part of the celebration.  These guys are easy on the eyes.
Lookie:
Wade Walker

Rob Ray (my son, Callie's bro)

Ben Murphy

Cam Forrester

Poolhouse Band

So.
I ordered a big sign from Staples.  This was a very easy task.  I did all the designing on the computer and sent to the store.  I stopped by on the way to the party and picked up the sign.  The poster was about 2' x 6' and was less than $75.  

Lookie:


So. 
Sometimes the creativity just gets stuck in the gray area of your cerebral cortex.  Well, I definitely was having a struggle in my brain with the entire birthday party plan.  Slowly, things evolved (actually VERY slowly). 

I did manage to get a spark of creativity going.  I had been give some old albums from my dad's friend (Thanks, Mr. Barney A. Smith).  I am talking Disco Duck music, folks.  I made these random pics on the computer with people that my daughter enjoys and typed random speech bubbles.  I taped these pictures to the albums (Callie loves albums). This was great because albums will prop anywhere.

Lookie:

So.
The day of the party, I am desperate.  Then, the magical moment happens.  At 11:30 AM, the morning of the party, the creative flow hit me with a big boom and a bam.  I went to the local Party City and Dollar Tree.  I whirled around dumping boas, mustaches, glasses, necklaces, toys, and glow sticks in my buggy.  Also, I grabbed a few balloons.  Balloons are essential to a birthday party.  I purchased a beer mug to be a balloon weight.  I was so glad my right side of brain woke up to help plan the party.  

Lookie:




 
 
Here is my daughter rocking some Doc Martens and lace...
Cheers, all-

Poolhouse_Band Jam
performing Ignition (Remix)
 

 
1965

No comments:

Post a Comment