Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recycled Glass Bottles - Spoon Rest / Cheese Tray

Hey Y'all! It is 1969 - just checking in....well, it has been awhile since I have blogged. I am feeling a little inspired these days and I thought I would share a few ideas from my 3D Middle School Art Class. So, for an easy lesson that has an instant result and a take home product. We have glass bottle spoon rest! (or a cheese tray....depending on how big the bottle is) Yep, the kids, faculty, staff and neighbors have all donated bottles of all sorts and we decided to melt them in the kiln.

How it works....
1) Show an example of finished product
2) Collect bottles of all kinds
3) Soak in sink to get lables off
4) Peel or scrape labels off of bottles
5) Add extra coating of kiln wash to kiln
6) Fire kiln at 017 with a hold of any where from 10 to 30
7) Take out of kiln and Take home =)Look for more post soon! We are back in the art swing in full force!Over and out.... x0x 1969


2 comments:

  1. WoooooHooooooOOOooo! Welcome back! I have one of these hanging in my kitchen window now...fun!

    ReplyDelete