Thursday, July 8, 2010

Spring Butterfly Art

by karen #1965 third grade teacher on summer vacation~so i have been doing a little creating...if you are a follower, you may remember me doing the post on the cat named phoebe and i did a dance with a green feather boa to get her down and the secret pal gift...the post...well anyway...you see i just happened to be teaching my secret pal's son...so one day, i painted his feet and did this piece of art...i painted his feet at school...i did the rest at home...didn't want any local folks to report me to big brother for painting secret pal gifts at school...
well...it caused all sorts of confusion in the classroom...all the kids wanted their feet painted...why are you painting t_ _ _'s feet?...you like him better...i tried to explain that his mom was my secret pal...but what i got was, well why aren't you my mom's secret pal?...third graders just don't get stuff like that...and people that don't teach...well...THEY DON'T GET STUFF ABOUT THIRD GRADERS!...yes, bloggers...there is more to that comment than meets your eyes...

so dr. mama secret pal...oh she just loved it...she loved it so much...well, she wanted me to do her 3 OTHER KIDS...wow...i mean...wow...so i told her to get the canvas and i would do it during summer vacation when i wanted to...well...i just figured dr. mama was so busy she would forget about the 3 OTHER KIDS...well, she didn't...she called me up about 2 weeks after school got out...and she was ready for me to start painting...

so i got the canvas...and the feet...and hopped right on it..and got it done...

i did r_ _ _ _   _ _ _ _'s feet...and r_ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ said oh mrs. ray i love the blue...!


i did r _ _ _ _ _' feet...and he was a squirmer...

i did j_ _ _ _'s feet...and j _ _ _ was so ticklish...now he was laughing and i was laughing and felt back for tickling his feet...


and i put them all together and they look like this...


now folks...i got all the four kids done...i am proud...and i am done...i am about sick of all shades of green after this project...and i just had a passing thought...what if dr. mama calls back and wants me to paint her feet and dr. daddy's feet?...wow...i just don't think i can do it...kid's feet are one thing...but dr. mama and dr. daddy's feet are another...even with a good pedicure...i just don't think so...for you foot fetish folks, give it a try...but not me...

speaking of feet fetish folks...did you know that andy warhol had one?...he drew these...


and get this...andy warhol had a truly phenomenal foot fetish...the weirdest thing he owned was a mummified human foot from ancient egypt...tt was probably from a tomb-robbing, a victim of the tutankhamen craze of the 1920s...who knows how warhol acquired it...and who wants to know for that matter?

guess what?...i think david bowie...remember him...lookie...
i think david bowie may have had a fetish for andy warhol...check this picture of andy out...


now check out this picture of david dressed up like andy...


and now to end with this song that david sung about andy...

david bowie, 1972

(This is Andy Warhole and it's take one, take one)
It's, it's Warhol actually
(What did I say)
Whole, it's whole as in wholes
(Andy Warhol)
Wah, Andy War hol, Andy War hol (he)
Like whole hub
He
Ha
Are you ready
(Yeah)
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Like to take a cement fix
Be a standing cinema
Dress my friends up just for show
See them as they really are
Put a peephole in my brain
Two New Pence to have a go
I'd like to be a gallery
Put you all inside my show

Andy Warhol looks a scream
Hang him on my wall
Andy Warhol, Silver Screen
Can't tell them apart at all

Andy walking, Andy tired
Andy take a little snooze
Tie him up when he's fast asleep
Send him on a pleasant cruise (hm hm hm)
When he wakes up on the sea
He sure to think of me and you
He'll think about paint and he'll think about glue
What a jolly boring thing to do

Andy Warhol looks a scream
Hang him on my wall
Andy Warhol, Silver Screen
Can't tell them apart at all

Andy Warhol looks a scream
Hang him on my wall
Andy Warhol, Silver Screen
Can't tell them apart at all

happy july 8, 2010!

P.S....if you needed some weird in your day...this was certainly the place to get it...

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo you're back...and amen to the place to get the weird...LOL Cute post!
    A very creative gift, however, and a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you just made my day. I've damn near wet my pants between the story of the secret pal and Phoebe the cat. Love it, love it, love it! And I like the paintings with the feet, too. I may use it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by folks!...dang if i don't have another phoebe story today...and thanks for the kind comments!....1965

    ReplyDelete