Monday, May 17, 2010

Photography....a hobby that I love! (If you have one...make time to do it...)

So, over the years there is NO telling just how many photographs I have taken. I am so glad we have gone to digital photographs...although, I will tell ya that I do love me some black and white hand developed in a dark room (love the dark room chemical smell!!!!) photographs with a white border...but times change and I just go with the flow. 

As an art teacher, I have to take staff development classes to keep my teaching certificate up to date. Recently, I took  a photography class. I had specific assignments from class for me. I went through all of my files on our computer and would pick a few for each assignment. We would sit in class and critique the photos of our classmates. This was cool because I got to see how other "folks" with a hobby like me were looking at their subjects. Sometimes as an Art Educator...you feel like a "Jack of all trades" but "master of none" only because in teaching kids we have to know about all the mediums that we teach. Anyhoo...I loved this class. I took a class with Lemoyne here in Tallahassee.

As I have researched photography, there are tons of places that offer online classes. So, what are you waiting for? Do you have a hobby that you really love? Make time to do it and join our MAGICALLY CREATIVE JOURNEY....TO KEEP OUR ART ALIVE AND LIVING OUT LOUD. (only a few shorts months ago we started this blog...and now we have 78 Facebook Followers, 58 Blog Followers and over 11,000 hits on the blog with 62 countries that have been counted by our flag counter....hum....our hobby is moving!) Just join us...life is toooooo short!

Some of the photographs above were to meet the criteria of the classes that I was taking. Many of them were taken on a whim...some of the locations include: Iztapa, Guatemala; South Andros, Bahamas; Dog Island, Florida; Tallahassee, Florida (after a hurricane in our backyard....the fake lake that appeared...we made the best of it and kids & dogs swam!!!!); Long Island, Bahamas.

Hope this helps to inspire some of you to make time for YOU and your hobby! Take care on this wonderful Monday.....0x0x, Kim 1969

1 comment: