Kim & Karen 2 Soul Sisters

Kim & Karen 2 Soul Sisters

Monday, April 12, 2010

feel good and happy grass heads

by karen #1965 3rd grade teacher so you ever heard of grass heads?..well this is a very funny and messy project...also, it takes some patience and commitment...but, it will certainly bring many laughs to observers...
so you get ur knee high...
then, you get some grass seed and put it in the knee highs like this...
and then you get a real nice and patient teacher friend that will help you when you get some hair brained idea...and you get her to help the kids to put dirt in the knee high and you take the pictures...thanks j.g. (you see, j.g., well...she doesn't question things i do...she just goes with it...it USUALLY works out pretty well.)...cause i stay clean and she gets dirty...
it looks like this when you get it filled up...
then, you paint those suckers and put them in a cup and water them day in and day out and the grass starts growing out of the heads...
check out elvis...
my awesome baseball player student named him "awesome elvis"...
sideburns are nice....
this is really a fun project...try it...we place them on the window seal and all the kids love walking by and watching them grow...they kinda look like potatoes...mr potato head?
~~~~~~~~
some things are a lot of trouble...you ever noticed that?...
some art projects are a lot of trouble...
i did this one mixed-media art project that was lots of trouble...i mean lots...and i entered into the local fair...and it got beat by an old painted flower...a painted flower...really?...
wow...sounds a little bitter, doesn't it?
well...i tell you bitterness isn't good...
it just gets stuck in ur heart...
and if you let it...
it starts growing...
like these grass heads did...
and it gets watered...
and grows big in ur heart and takes up space that is needed for the happy stuff...

life is full of bitterness...especially these days...i found this googling...

funny...folks use art for everything...showing happiness, showing fun, showing anger, showing hate, showing love...music is the same way...has the same effect...so try to look at stuff and listen to stuff that make you feel good...

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you
(james brown, 1965)

happy "feel good" monday, april 12, 2010!

5 comments:

  1. I am so making me a grass head!!!!
    If I didn't have 500 students I'd make them in the art room, but I'll make one and we can all watch it. I LOVE THEM!! You just ain't right, you know that, Barney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeppers...aunt bee told me that a long time ago...and always...thanks for your thots and comments artteachergirl vicki with an i!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sure is nice working with an artsy person - perhaps after 26 more years, some of that creativity will get into my head . . . but I doubt it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY word...JMG...you are not a blog stalker any more....you are a comment-or!!!! Wahooooooo...a shout out just for you from down here in Tally!

    ReplyDelete