Kim & Karen 2 Soul Sisters

Kim & Karen 2 Soul Sisters

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

cool recycled flowers and other stuff

by karen #1965 third grade teacher now if i see something i like, i almost always have my camera...and i saw these recycled flowers on a little trip that i was on a couple of weeks ago...
here is a close-up for you...
now these are the very bottoms of cans...and the bottoms have been cut off and snipped all around the edges...and there has been a little paint applied around the edges...and a wire is attached to the center...cool flower, it is..i mean, you could actually make them and put them in some sort of vase for mother's day...

this was actually on a storefront called tangerina's in chattanooga, tn...i mean talk about recycling...everything in that shop was recycled...check out this info about the place...
Pretty cool, huh...like this live, laugh, and love made with old handles... 
Earth day is coming up...April 22, 2010!....how about a little recycled art to make mother earth smile?..
remember this commercial in the 1970s...check it out...it caused all sorts of controversy...

going green...a big thing these days...seems like we are "cleaner" and lots more into recycling...something about going green bothers me just a little...email.email.email...ur fingers touching a metal keyboard...just different than holding a letter...letters...wow, they are cool things...like if someone was crying when they wrote you a sad letter, you could see where there tears hit the letter and smeared the ink...so personal........just like everything else...life is all about keeping things in balance...

Green acres is the place to be.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.
(Green Acres the TV Show, 1965)

happy april 20, 2010!

1 comment:

  1. I do love me some recycled ART! Cool post, sis!
    1969

    ReplyDelete