Monday, February 22, 2010

Glass Bead Blowing...3rd-5th Grade....OHHHH so much fun!

I know you all will think I have lost my mind after this post - I got a wild hair to learn how to blow glass beads. So a couple of years ago - I took a staff development class to learn just how to do it! It was a blast. I liked it soooooo much that I took what I had learned back to my classroom and we did it together with the help of some wonderful MASTERPIECE PARENT volunteers. (Per another post on why they are so valuable to my classroom)

I showed all classes how to make them in a quick demo at the start of class...PK3-5th grades. I had 3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade blow their own bead. It was so cool. The kids loved it. We had our GALA coming up- which is an annual fundraiser for the school. We kept the beads separated by grade level and had a friend from school (K- Teacher) who makes & creates jewlery. She created the pieces that are in the photos in this post. You can see some of her work here. Each student made 2 beads. One to keep and one to donate to the GALA project. So much fun!!!!!!

If you don't know how to blow glass beads there is tons of information on the internet. I have found a spot right here for you to take a looksy and see. (How to Blow Glass Beads) I go to Delphi to buy my class bead supplies.

Happy Creating....x0x, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment